Serving clients in the Oil & Gas industry has been a key focus of Hall Estill since the firm’s founding in 1966. We’ve grown from three lawyers in Tulsa to a firm with more than 130 attorneys throughout Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee, and Colorado. Today we have more than 30 energy law attorneys dedicated to serving corporations, utilities, small businesses, investors and individuals with interests in the oil and gas sectors.
Our Oil & Gas practice covers up- and downstream issues related to the acquisition, production, transmission and distribution of natural gas, crude oil and petroleum products. We are also skilled in handling other energy matters that encompass multiple energy sources, including wind, biomass and solar renewables, and electric energy.
Hall Estill Oil & Gas attorneys, along with colleagues from across our firm’s practice areas, deliver a full spectrum of legal services for energy clients around the country. We have in-depth knowledge and experience in:
- Contracts relating to exploration and production
- Contract relating to gathering, processing and transporting oil and gas, and their various products and by-products
- Contracts relating to buying, selling and trading oil and gas and their various products and by-products
- Environmental Matters
- Federal, State and Local Regulations
- Corporate Formations and Joint Ventures
- Regulated Utilities
- Land Use and Zoning
- Litigation and ADR
- Intellectual Property
- Land Purchase, Sale and Leasing Transactions
- Tax Incentives and Energy Credits
We regularly represent clients before federal, state and local regulatory agencies and boards, including the Oklahoma Corporation Commission (OCC), the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), the Department of Energy, the Department of Interior, the Environmental Protection Agency, the General Services Administration, and the Internal Revenue Service. We also have extensive litigation experience in federal and state trial and appellate courts, and are adept at negotiating favorable resolutions through arbitration and mediation.
Hall Estill enjoys a national reputation as one of the premier law firms in the energy space. Our attorneys are regularly noted for their accomplishments by Chambers USA, Best Lawyers, Super Lawyers and Benchmark Litigation. Known as thought leaders throughout the industry, we frequently speak at events, share insights in published articles and blogs, and help shape energy-related laws and policies.
- Hall Estill Welcomes Litigation Attorney Terence Brennan to the Tulsa Office
- Hall Estill Welcomes Energy Attorneys Eric Money and Emily Pittman to the Oklahoma City office
- Denver Oil & Gas Attorney Kip Hunter speaks with Hart Energy Biden EO
- Hall Estill Welcomes Attorney Fred Kempf to Oklahoma City Office