Deke Canada is a shareholder of the firm and practices in the firm’s Corporate and Commercial Practice Group. His practice primarily focuses on representing medium to large businesses tied to the energy and manufacturing sectors. He has substantial experience in business formations, mergers and acquisitions, corporate financings and contract negotiations. He has negotiated and drafted agreements for exploration and production companies, pipeline and storage companies and manufacturing companies covering: business and asset acquisitions; project financing; credit and loan agreements and facilities; joint operating agreements; land, lease and easement acquisition; design, engineering, procurement and construction; and product sales and transportation agreements. Deke has also represented clients with respect to certain of their international operations in Canada, Mexico and Europe.
Deke has been named an Oklahoma Super Lawyer in Mergers & Acquisitions, Business/Corporate, as well as Securities & Corporate Finance and a Best Lawyer in the areas of Commercial Finance and Corporate Law. In addition, he has an individual BV peer review rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
- Georgetown University (L.L.M. in Taxation, 2000)
- Tulane University Law School (J.D., 1998)
- Evergreen State College (General B.S., 1992)
- Oklahoma, 2001
- Colorado, 2017
- 2000 - Present Hall Estill
- 1999 - 2000 Federation of Tax Administrators
- 1998-1999 Reese and Associates
- Ad Hoc Member, Board of Directors, 36 Degrees North
- American Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Tulsa County Bar Association