Mason McMillan began his legal career with Hall Estill after earning his J.D. from the University of Tulsa College Law in 2022. He is a member of the firm's litigation practice.While in law school, Mason served as the Executive Editor of the Tulsa Law Review and was named to the Order of Barristers for achievements in mock trial competition. He also earned the Oklahoma Bar Association's Litigation Award and the Robert C. Butler, Jr. Award for excellence in legal scholarship and writing.
During his time as an undergraduate, Mason was a member of the Northeastern State University football team. Finally, Mason is active in politics having served as both an intern and staff assistant for the Office of U.S Senator James Lankford; an intern for the Office of U.S. Representative Markwayne Mullin; and a field representative for the Kevin Stitt for Governor campaign.
Education & Admissions
- University of Tulsa College of Law (J.D., with highest honors, 2022)
- Northeastern State University (B.A. in Political Science, summa cum laude, 2017)
- Oklahoma (2022)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma (2022)
- 2022-Present Hall Estill
Community & Professional Involvement
- Member, Board of Directors, Street School
Articles & Presentations
- Mason McMillan, Judges Be Trippin: A Legal Analysis of Black English in the Courtroom, 57 Tulsa L. Rev. 451 (2022)