Zachary Brewer has been in the legal profession for more than 10 years, and a practicing paralegal for eight of those. He works in various aspects of civil litigation, focusing on construction torts, contract and foreclosure law, as well as all areas of family law. Before joining Hall Estill in March 2012, he was the sole paralegal at Richards & Connor, PLLP, focusing mainly on the area of medical malpractice defense. In addition, he is a Certified Paralegal through the National Association of Legal Assistants and has been a member of the organization since 2010. He is a member of both the firm's Electronic Discovery and Team Building Committees.
Zach enjoys all aspects of paralegal work, from initial document review to trial preparation. He has extensive experience is assisting attorneys in drafting discovery, preparing for depositions, researching case law, background investigations and developing relationships with courthouse staff across the state. He especially relishes legal research, and, as a bibliophile, anything that sends him to the library for an answer.
Zach was recently named as a volunteer ambassador for the Tulsa Boys’ Home and assists the organization in outreach, as well as identifying volunteers and mentors for residents of the Tulsa Boys' Home. Outside of work, Zach is an active member of his local church, and volunteers there on weekends. He enjoys spending time with his daughter Morgan, traveling (when time allows), golf, fishing, cooking and gardening.
- Tulsa Community College (Associate in History and Paralegal Studies)
- University of Tulsa (B.A. in History)
- Northeastern State University (Secondary Education Certificate)
- Member, National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA)
- Member, Tulsa Area Paralegal Association
- Member, Tulsa County Bar Association - Paralegal Division; Nominations Committee Chairman
- Member, Brown Mackie College Paralegal Program Advisory Board
- Author, Red Alert: My First Trial Experience, Tulsa Lawyer, November 2011
- Author, Looking for and Identifying the Drug-Seeking Client, TAPA Times, December 2011 (Vol. 13)
- Author, No, I Can't Give Your Legal Advice!, Tulsa Lawyer, August 2013
- Author, So, What Does a Paralegal Do, Exactly?, Tulsa County Bar Association magazine, March 2014
- Guest, online radio program "The Paralegal Voice," hosted by Vicky Voisin and Lynne DeVenny on www.legalnetwork.com. His topic was "The Paralegal Profession: Men in a Woman's World?" Air date of June 19, 2012.
- September 2014, presentation made to the Oklahoma Society of CPAs Fall Industry conference: "How E-Discovery Impacts Business - The Latest Trends & Developments in a Rapidly Evolving Arena."
- December 2014, part of E-Discovery team to make CLE presentation to the Tulsa County Bar Association regarding new developments in the field.