Zachary Brewer has been in the legal profession for more than 15 years, and a practicing paralegal for over 12 of those. He works in various aspects of civil litigation, including construction, insurance, business, contract, trusts and estates; as well as all areas of family law.
Before joining Hall Estill in March 2012, he was the sole paralegal at Richards & Connor, PLLP, focusing mainly on the area of medical malpractice defense. In addition, he is a Certified Paralegal through the National Association of Legal Assistants and has been a member of the organization since 2010. He is a member of both the firm's Electronic Discovery and Technology Committees.
Zach enjoys all aspects of paralegal work, from initial document review to trial preparation. He has extensive experience in assisting attorneys in drafting various motions and discovery, preparing for depositions, subpoenas, open records, researching case law, background investigations and developing relationships with courthouse staff across the state. He especially relishes legal research, and, as a bibliophile, anything that sends him to the library to open a dusty old book for an answer.
- Corporate & Business Services
- Auto Dealer Law
- Environmental Services
- Water Law
- Oil & Gas
- Oil & Gas Litigation
- Estate Planning & Trusts
- Estate Planning & Administration
- Trusts & Estates Litigation
- Family Law
- Divorce & Legal Separation
- Family Law Mediation
- Guardian ad Litem
- Marital Agreements
- Protective Orders
- Insurance Law & Tort Defense
- Products Liability
- Professional Malpractice & Liability
Education & Admissions
- Tulsa Community College (Associate in History and Paralegal Studies)
- University of Tulsa (B.A. in History)
- Northeastern State University (Secondary Education Certificate)
Community & Professional Involvement
- Member, National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA)
Articles & Presentations
- Guest, online radio program "The Paralegal Voice," hosted by Vicky Voisin and Lynne DeVenny on www.legalnetwork.com. His topic was "The Paralegal Profession: Men in a Woman's World?" Air date of June 19, 2012.
- September 2014, presentation made to the Oklahoma Society of CPAs Fall Industry conference: "How E-Discovery Impacts Business - The Latest Trends & Developments in a Rapidly Evolving Arena."
- December 2014, part of E-Discovery team to make CLE presentation to the Tulsa County Bar Association regarding new developments in the field.
- Author, Red Alert: My First Trial Experience, Tulsa Lawyer, November 2011
- Author, Looking for and Identifying the Drug-Seeking Client, TAPA Times, December 2011 (Vol. 13)
- Author, No, I Can't Give Your Legal Advice!, Tulsa Lawyer, August 2013
- Author, So, What Does a Paralegal Do, Exactly?, Tulsa County Bar Association magazine, March 2014