The transportation industry is varied, complex, and ever-changing. Hall Estill lawyers understand this, and are uniquely qualified to provide relevant and efficient, top-tier legal advice.
Our lawyers have expertise across a broad spectrum of the transportation industry, including trucking, rail, pipelines, and the shipping of hazardous materials. We are skilled at representing the transportation industry in both state and federal matters including, among other areas, as follows:
- Carmack Amendment issues, including compliance and cargo claims
- FMCSA Enforcement Defense
- PHMSA Regulatory Compliance
- Hazardous Materials Classification and Shipping Compliance
- Post-Incident Environmental Response, Management, and Defense
- Records Retention Compliance
- Crude Oil Shipping Program Compliance
- Safety-Sensitive Position Program Development and Compliance
- Drug and Alcohol Policy Compliance
- Compliance Audits
Our attorneys represent clients before a multitude of state and federal agencies, including the Oklahoma Department of Transportation, and the U.S. Department of Transportation, including the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, and the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration.
Finally, our attorneys understand and account for the relationship between transportation industry regulations and other potentially relevant regulatory compliance requirements involving other firm practice areas such as: Environmental, Corporate/Commercial, Labor and Employment, Real Estate and Litigation practices.