Steve Ray serves as a member of the firm's Board of Directors and as the firm's Secretary. He practices primarily in the Corporate/Commercial arena, specifically dealing in Securities, Business Transactions, Commercial Finance, Healthcare, Executive Compensation and Mergers and Acquisitions. He served for 10 years as Corporate Secretary for an NYSE-listed company, and has expertise in governance and compliance issues.
Steve is an individually recognized AV-rated attorney; has been recognized as an Oklahoma Super Lawyer in Business/Corporate Law; and is listed in Best Lawyers in America in Corporate Governance Law, Corporate Compliance Law, Corporate Law, Mergers & Acquisitions Law, Securities/Capital Markets Law and Securities Regulation. In addition, he was named the 2018 Best Lawyers Lawyer of the Year - Corporate Governance Law - Tulsa, Best Lawyers 2015 Tulsa Corporate Compliance Law Lawyer of the Year, 2014 Best Lawyers Lawyer of the Year Corporate Law - Tulsa, and 2011 Tulsa Lawyer of the Year for Securities/Capital Markets. In 2017 Chambers USA honored Steve with a ranking in Corporate/Commercial Law.
In addition, in 2019, he received the Silver Beaver Award from Indian Nations Council, Boy Scouts of America. The Silver Beaver Award is the council level distinguished service award of Boy Scouts of America and is considered the highest award a Boy Scout Council can bestow upon a volunteer Scouter.
Finally, Steve served as lead company counsel on an IPO for a new NYSE-listed company and served as lead company counsel in large securitized financings of receivables and revenue earning assets.
- University of Oklahoma College of Law (J.D., 1982)
- University of Oklahoma (B.B.A. in Accounting, 1979)
- Oklahoma, 1982
- Oklahoma Supreme Court and all Judicial Districts of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court of the Northern District of Oklahoma
- United States Tax Court
- Auto Dealer Law
- Banking/Commercial Finance Services
- Bankruptcy, Restructuring & Creditor's Rights
- Corporate Services
- Estate Planning & Post Death Administration
- General Corporate
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Municipal & Public Authority
- Private Equity
- Real Estate
- State & Local Tax Practice
- Tax & Employee Benefits
- 1992 - Present Hall Estill
- 1984 - 1992 Jones, Givens
- 1982 - 1984 Sneed, Lang
- American Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Tulsa County Bar Association
- American Society of Corporate Secretaries
- Committee to Advise Oklahoma Securities Department
- Advisory Committee on Tulsa Public Schools Bond Election
- Church and School Volunteer
- Member, Board of Directors and Executive Committee, Indian Nations Council, Inc.
- Member, University of Oklahoma President's Associates Council
- Tulsa Area United Way, 2014 Campaign Cabinet Committee
- 2018 Best Lawyers Lawyer of the Year - Corporate Governance Law - Tulsa
- 2017 Best Lawyers Lawyer of the Year - Corporate Compliance Law - Tulsa
- 2015 Best Lawyers Lawyer of the Year - Corporate Compliance Law - Tulsa
- 2014 Best Lawyers Lawyer of the Year - Corporate Law - Tulsa