Elaine Turner began her legal career with Hall Estill in 1989 and has focused her practice in Labor & Employment – Management. Throughout her career, Elaine has successfully defended numerous employers in employment litigation and administrative proceedings. She was most recently named 2018 Best Lawyers Lawyer of the Year - Litigation-Labor & Employment in Oklahoma City and prior to that, 2016 Best Lawyers Lawyer of the Year - Employment Law -Management in Oklahoma City.
Elaine serves on the firm’s Board of Directors and has an AV rating through Martindale-Hubbell. She is a frequent guest speaker on all aspects of Employment Law and conducts employment-related seminars, speeches and programs for employees, managers, supervisors and staff. Elaine has been honored to be a presenter at the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) Oklahoma City Area Technical Assistance Program Seminars (TAPS) for the last several years.
She has been recognized as an Oklahoma Super Lawyer and a Top 25 Female Super Lawyer in Oklahoma in Employment Litigation: Defense. In addition, Elaine has been named a Best Lawyer in America in Employment Law-Management and is frequently interviewed by local media to provide her legal opinion on various employment law topics.
Elaine is a graduate of Leadership OKC - Class 35. She is also very involved with Special Olympics. In 2015, Special Olympics Oklahoma named Elaine Volunteer of the Year. She has served as the Competition Chairperson for Special Olympics in Oklahoma County since 1996. In that role, she organizes and manages Special Olympics competitions. Elaine was also honored to serve as a Unified Partner on Team USA at the Special Olympic World Games in Ireland in 2003, where her teams earned two gold medals. She has also served as a youth soccer coach for several years.
- Oklahoma City University School of Law (J.D., 1989)
- University of Oklahoma (B.B.B. in Finance, with distinction, 1985)
- Oklahoma, 1989
- Oklahoma Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Northern, Eastern and Western Districts of Oklahoma
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- Leadership Oklahoma City Class 35
- Special Olympics - Selected to be a Unified Partner on Team USA in the 2003 World Games, Ireland
- Special Olympics State Sports Director 2000 - 2004
- Special Olympics - Oklahoma County Competition Chair Person 1995 to Present
- Special Olympics Oklahoma Capitol Area Volunteer of the Year 2015
- 2015 Special Olympics Volunteer of the Year for the State of Oklahoma
- 1989 - Present Hall Estill
- American Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Member, Oklahoma City University School of Law Executive Board
- A frequent speaker on all aspects of Employment Law, she conducts employment-related seminars, speeches and programs for employees, managers, supervisors and staff.
- 2018 Best Lawyers Lawyer of the Year - Litigation-Labor & Employment - Oklahoma City
- 2016 Best Lawyers Lawyer of the Year - Employment Law - Management - Oklahoma City
- Hall Estill OKC Labor and Employment Attorney Elaine R. Turner selected to Leadership OKC
- Pat Cremin and Elaine Turner contribute Oklahoma Employment Law information to Lexology
- Employment Attorney Elaine Turner: Hiring biases affecting many Oklahomans
- Oklahoman Q&A by Elaine Turner Pregnant workers must be treated as Nonpregnant Employees