Since joining the firm, Betsy Jackson has practiced in the Corporate/Commercial arena, specifically dealing in Securities, Business Transactions, Commercial Finance, Mergers and Acquisitions and Real Estate. Specific matters with which she has worked include: Various Asset-Backed Financings; Initial Public Offerings; Revolving Credit, Term Loan and Letter of Credit Facilities; and Exchange Act Compliance Work.
Betsy was named Best Lawyers 2015 Tulsa Corporate Governance "Lawyer of the Year”, has an individual AV rating through Martindale-Hubbell and has been recognized as a Best Lawyer in America in Banking & Finance Law and Corporate Law. She is the author of: “No More Bananas in the Oklahoma Split: Exempting ERISA-Qualified Pension Plans Under Section 522(b)(2)(A) of the Bankruptcy Code”, Tulsa Law Journal, Volume 25, No. 4, Summer 1990.
Further, Betsy was selected as a 2018 attorney recipient of the Oklahoma Bar Association Ada Lois Sipuel Fisher Diversity Awards for her, "participation in a variety of corporate and community events that promote mutual respect, acceptance, cooperation or tolerance, and contribution to diversity awareness in the community and workplace."
- University of Tulsa College of Law (J.D., 1990)
- Southern Methodist University (B.B.A. in Finance, 1987)
- District of Columbia, 1993
- Maryland, 1994
- Oklahoma, 1991
- Oklahoma, District of Columbia and Maryland Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma, D.C. and Maryland
- 1996 - Present Hall Estill
- 1992 - 1996 Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- 1992- Clerk to Judge Paul Mannes, Bankruptcy Judge for the District of Maryland
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Tulsa Area United Way
- Vice Chair, Mayor's Commission on the Status of Women, City of Tulsa
- President, Board of Directors, Tulsa Cares
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Tulsa County Bar Association
- Maryland and D.C. Bar Association(s)
- Author, "No More Bananas in the Oklahoma Split: Exempting ERISA-Qualified Pension Plans Under Section 522(b)(2)(A) of the Bankruptcy Code", Tulsa Law Journal, Volume 25, No. 4, Summer 1990
- Best Lawyers 2015 Tulsa Corporate Governance "Lawyer of the Year”