Jerrick is an experienced and accomplished litigator who represents clients in state and federal courts throughout Oklahoma and the country. Jerrick counsels and advises clients ranging from local, family-owned companies to national, publicly traded companies in a wide array of industries.
Jerrick has broad experience representing clients in business and commercial issues, partnership disputes, residential and commercial development, construction litigation, contractor/subcontractor disputes, manufacturing and product liability, receiverships, and insurance bad faith. While he is adept at representing clients in the courtroom, Jerrick’s clients appreciate his pragmatic and solutions-driven approach to resolving complicated disputes.
Some of Jerrick’s representative experience includes:
- Counsel for an officer of a healthcare company in California state action alleging violations of the state’s antitrust laws (Cartwright Act), civil conspiracy, aiding & abetting, and tortious interference. Litigation pending.
- Counsel for a commercial property owner in a subcontractor dispute involving claims exceeding $1 million. Obtained dismissal with prejudice of in rem claims asserted by the subcontractor against real property. Litigation pending.
- Counsel for a subsidiary of a publicly traded master limited partnership in a lawsuit defending against claims for damages exceeding $200,000.00 related to a pipeline easement. Obtained summary judgment. Litigation pending.
- UMB Bank N.A. v. Asbury Communities, Inc.—dismissal with prejudice was granted by the United States District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma on Plaintiff’s claims for tortious interference with contract and tortious interference with prospective economic advantage. Plaintiff sought in excess of $20 million in damages for its tort claims.
- James Perry v. Safeco Insurance Company of America—summary judgment for Defendant was granted by the United States District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma on Plaintiff’s claims for breach of contract and bad faith.
- Counsel for an aerospace manufacturer in a North Carolina arbitration involving claims for breach of contract, open account, and promissory estoppel. Obtained favorable deposition testimony of officer, director of procurement, and director of engineering, leading to favorable settlement and Consent Award.
- David Edens et al. v. Netherlands Ins. Co.—summary judgment was granted by the United States District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma and upheld by the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals on Plaintiff’s claims for breach of contract and bad faith. The United States Supreme Court denied certiorari.
- Jacob Jackson, et al. v. Polsinelli, P.C., et al.—dismissal was granted by the United Stated District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma on Plaintiffs’ claims for professional negligence, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, and aiding and abetting breach of fiduciary duty.
- Counsel for a publicly traded oil and gas company in an arbitration involving claims for breach of contract, professional negligence, and negligence asserted against an engineering, architectural, and construction management company. Obtained an arbitration award in excess of $7.6 million.
- Counsel for a residential real estate developer involving claims for fraud, breach of contract, civil conspiracy, and aiding and abetting asserted by 34 landowners. Obtained a judgment for attorneys’ fees against the plaintiff landowners for their improper procurement of a temporary restraining order, ultimately leading to a favorable settlement.
- Counsel for an automotive dealer and service center involving a customer’s claim for negligence. Obtained dismissal with prejudice as a sanction due to Plaintiff’s spoliation of evidence.
- Counsel for the State of Oklahoma in state court action involving claims for professional negligence against an actuary and auditor. Obtained favorable settlements.
- Counsel for the State of Oklahoma in state court action involving claims for negligence, negligence per se, breach of fiduciary duties, civil conspiracy, trespass to chattel, and conversion against a New York-based investment bank and broker-dealer, along with its affiliated entities. Obtained favorable settlements.
While in law school, Jerrick served as Managing Editor of the Tulsa Law Review and was inducted into the Order of Curule Chair. In addition to his legal practice, Jerrick devotes time to serving and advising non-profit organizations in the area. Jerrick and his wife, Emilee, have four children and reside in Tulsa.
- Complex Commercial Issues
- Insurance Law & Tort Defense
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- Class Action Defense
- Crisis Response Team
- Labor & Employment
- Employment Counseling
- Employment Litigation
- Products Liability
- Professional Malpractice & Liability
- Real Estate
- Construction Transactions & Disputes
Education & Admissions
- University of Tulsa College of Law (J.D., with highest honors, 2009)
- Oklahoma State University (B.S. in Accounting, 2004)
- Oklahoma (2012)
- Missouri (2009)
- Kansas (2010)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern, Eastern and Western Districts of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- United State Supreme Court
- 2017-Present Hall Estill
- 2011-2017 Newton, O'Connor Turner & Ketchum
- 2009-Present What's Your Legacy?, General Counsel
- 2009-2011 Stinson Morrison Hecker
Honors & Awards
- Recognized by Super Lawyers in Oklahoma as a Rising Star in Business Litigation