Del Gustafson has been a corporate/securities attorney for nearly 30 years, with an emphasis in mergers and acquisitions. He has an individual AV rating through Martindale-Hubbell and has been recognized as the Best Lawyers 2018 Tulsa Securities Regulation Law Lawyer of the Year and the Best Lawyers 2022 Tulsa Securities/Capital Markets Law Lawyer of the Year. He has also been recognized as an Oklahoma Super Lawyer in Securities & Corporate Finance Law, as well as a Best Lawyer in America in Corporate Law, Securities/Capital Markets Law and Securities Regulation. In addition, he is the former Chairman of the Corporate Section of the Oklahoma Bar Association.
Del has substantial experience in representing midstream clients in capital-raising and mergers and acquisitions. In addition, he represents Nasdaq issuers in connection with 1933 and 1934 Act filings, exchange rules, insider trading and disclosure rules.
Securities advice Del has given has been primarily in the following areas:
- Representation of public companies with respect to their obligations under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. This includes advice on ongoing periodic reporting (10-K's, proxy statements, etc.) and as-requested advice on specific issues under the 1934 Act, such as compliance with the Sarbanes Oxley Act and the SEC regulations adopted thereunder, insider trading, disclosure obligations and Section 16 compliance.
- Representation of companies in connection with the registration of their securities under the Securities Act of 1933.
- Representation of companies in connection with private placements under Regulation D.
- Vanderbilt University Law School (J.D., 1979)
- University of Nebraska (B.A. in Political Science, 1976)
- Oklahoma, 1979
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma
- Past President, Board of Directors, Day Center for the Homeless
- St. James Presbyterian Church
- Upward Youth Basketball
- 1979 - Present Hall Estill
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Tulsa County Bar Association
- 2018 Best Lawyers Lawyer of the Year - Securities Regulation Law - Tulsa