Mark Blongewicz focuses his practice in the Litigation arena with an emphasis on tort and insurance defense and other insurance issues. He has an individual AV rating through Martindale-Hubbell. In addition, he has been selected as a Best Lawyer in America in both Commercial Litigation and Insurance Law, and has been named a local litigation star by Benchmark Litigation. Further, he has been named an Oklahoma Super Lawyer in Civil Litigation Defense.
Mark is a member of the firm’s Board of Directors. He assists policyholders and insurance companies resolve issues that arise between them and protects them both from claims made by third parties.
Highlights of Mark’s career include:
- Won a $5 million jury verdict in an insurance coverage case involving pollution exclusion coverage issues.
- Obtained Defendants’ verdicts in products liability cases involving hydraulic excavators (wrongful death of a 27 year-old single mother); man-lifts (closed head injury); and other heavy equipment (back injury).
- Obtained favorable appellate decisions on multiple cases involving professional licensure issues.
- Assisted in multiple successful campaigns opposing union organizing efforts.
- Successful defense of numerous Indian Tribes and tribal enterprises against personal injury and property damage claims in tribal, state and federal courts.
- Favorable resolution of construction defect case involving $10 million plus in damages and multiple defendants.
- Duke University School of Law (J.D., 1980)
- University of Nebraska (B.S. in Education, 1977)
- Nebraska, 1985
- Oklahoma, 1980
- Supreme Court of Oklahoma and Nebraska
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Northern and Western Districts of Oklahoma
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- 1980 - Present Hall Estill
- Oklahoma Cornhuskers Club
- Junior Achievement of Oklahoma, Board of Directors
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Tulsa County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Oklahoma Association of Defense Counsel
- Master - Council Oak Chapter, American Inns of Court
- Member, Oklahoma Captive Insurance Advisory Board