Collin Walke leads Hall Estill's Cybersecurity & Data Privacy practice. Prior to joining the firm he served in the Oklahoma House of Representatives from 2016 through 2022 as the State Representative for House District 87. In addition, he was the manager for Select Legal Services, L.L.C. and provided regulatory, litigation, and transactional advice to high-net-worth privately held companies and healthcare entities.
Collin has more than 15 years of experience in privacy matters, ranging from HIPAA to GDPR and is a Certified Information Privacy Professional-US, Certified Information Privacy Manager, and certified Artificial Intelligence systems auditor under the GDPR. While in the House, he authored comprehensive "opt-in" data privacy legislation to ensure adequate consumer data privacy and protections.
Collin is a frequent speaker and presenter for various CLEs and conferences, and has been interviewed for numerous podcasts. Further, Collin has been named a "40 under 40" by the Oklahoma City Gazette and the Journal Record. Further, in 2022 he received the Legislator of the Year Award from the Oklahoma Association for Justice.
In 2022, Collin was asked to join the national Council for Responsible Social Media.
- Harvard Business Analytics Program (Nominated for distinction in programming and data systems, 2022)
- Oklahoma City University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2008)
- Oklahoma State University (B.A. in Philosophy, 2005)
- 2022-Present Hall Estill
- 2019-2022 Select Legal Services
- 2015-2019 Rubenstein and Pitts
- 2013-2015 Mulinix Ogden Hall & Ludlam
- Former Chairman/Member of the Board of Directors, City Rescue Mission
- Member, Board of Directors, Oklahoma Autism Center Foundation
- Member, Board of Directors, Oklahoma Shakespeare in the Park
- Member, Advisory Committee, Oklahoma City Community College EMS
- Force 50 Foundation Ambassador
- Former Chair, Oklahoma Bar Association Appellate Section
- Oklahoma Bar Association Leadership Academy Graduate
- Member, Oklahoma Bar Association Special Committee on Legal Education
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Oklahoma Bar Association Young Lawyers Division
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Oklahoma County Bar Association Young Lawyers Division
- "A State Legislator's Perspective on Data Privacy Legislation," International Association of Privacy Professionals
- "Ethics and Psychology in Mediation: More Important than you Think," Oklahoma Bar Journal
- "Paragraphs and Indentation: Formatting for Persuasive Writing," Oklahoma Bar Journal
- "Bench and Bar Relations in the Digital Age," Oklahoma County Briefcase
- "A Modest Proposal: Do Away with the Oklahoma Discovery Code," Oklahoma Digital Briefcase
- "Americans with Disabilities Act Basics: What Attorneys Need to Know about the ADA and Representing the Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing," Oklahoma Bar Journal
- Cybersecurity Attorney Collin Walke for Food Engineering Magazine
- Cybersecurity & Data Privacy Attorney Collin Walke on podcast "The Data Diva talks Privacy"
- Cybersecurity & Data Privacy Attorney Collin Walke in IAPP - State views on proposed ADPPA preemption come into focus
- Hall Estill Welcomes Collin Walke as Special Counsel in Oklahoma City Office