Hall Estill

Blair Will has extensive experience representing clients in land use, real estate and natural resource related matters. He provides advice and litigation support in the areas of real estate development, industrial projects, state and federal environmental review, permitting and compliance, and general business matters. Blair represents clients in other diverse areas such as tribal-law matters, ocean-shipping and marine registry, and offshore organization. 

Approximately 75% of Blair's practice is transactional, with the other 25% being litigation. In addition, he frequently represents clients in dispute-resolution proceedings such as arbitration and mediation.

Blair has particular expertise in the mining sector, representing exploration/junior-level operators seeking to locate and develop mineral projects. He can assist these clients in obtaining land-title and/or mining claims, creating the entities to hold the land or mining claims, and seeking financing to develop the claims. Blair often assists juniors in negotiating purchase and royalty agreements with mid-tier or major mining companies. He works with mid-tier mining companies on a range of matters, from contract negotiations to operational concerns, and meeting environmental and permitting obligations. He can also assist mining clients in defending against notices issues by regulators, or citizen-suit actions. 

Another area of expertise is the representation of cannabis businesses, both cultivation and retail. Cannabis businesses operate in a more challenging regulatory environment than most other businesses. States and local jurisdictions exercise strict control of cannabis businesses. Cannabis businesses require that contracts and leases be drafted with specific provisions to avoid running afoul of federal law. Finally, given the constantly evolving nature of the cannabis industry nationwide, Blair often helps clients in states where cannabis is recently legalized to participate in the design of the regulatory schemes to be applied in those states. 

Further, Blair is an Honorary Faculty Member for the School of Law, Universidad Panamericana in Mexico City. 

Outside of his legal practice, Blair likes to ski, sail, and play with cars and motorcycles. He enjoys exploring the desert Southwest by Jeep, drives race cars in amateur road-racing events, and has restored several old British sports cars. He splits his time between Denver, Colorado, and Charleston, South Carolina. 


  • University of San Diego School of Law (J.D., 2000)
    • James R. Webb Environmental Law Award, May 2000
    • CALI Award for Excellence in the Study of Environmental Law, 1999
    • Highest Grade in Class, 3L Federal Environmental Law Practicum, 2000
  • Colgate University (B.A. in History, 1990)


  • California
  • 2022-Present Hall Estill
  • 2021-2022 Nexsen Pruet LP
  • 2021 Kronick Moskovitz Tiedemann & Girard
  • 2013-2021 The Pioneer Law Group
  • 2012-2013 HMS Law Group
  • 2008-2012 Brady & Vinding
  • 2004-2008 Diepenbrock Harrison PC
  • 2000-Present Baja Bulk Carriers, S.A.; Assistant Corporate Secretary and General Counsel
  • Member, California Bar Association
  • Member, South Carolina Bar Association
  • Member, American Bar Association
  • Member, Sacramento County Bar Association
  • Member, El Dorado County Bar Association
  • Member, Charleston County Bar Association
  • Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation
  • American Exploration & Mining Association


© 2024 Hall Estill. All Rights Reserved.