Ray Penny focuses his practice in the litigation arena. Prior to attending law school, he served as a Captain in the United States Marine Corps and was deployed to Afghanistan for Operation Enduring Freedom in 2011 as the Fire Support Coordinator for an Infantry Battalion.
Ray served as Deputy Director of the Gang and Organized Crime Prosecution Unit in the Tulsa County District Attorney's Office before starting with Hall Estill. Because of his work at the DA's office, in August 2019, Ray was awarded the Region II Prosecutor of the Year award by the by the Association of Oklahoma Narcotics Enforcers.
During law school he served as director for Board of Advocates, served on the Admissions Committee and graduated Order of Barristers.
Ray is fluent in Spanish.
University of Tulsa College of Law
- Order of Barristers
- President, TU Chapter of The Federalist Society
- Director for Board of Advocates
- Oklahoma State University (B.A. in Philosophy, 2005)
- 2019-Present Hall Estill
- 2016-2019 Tulsa County District Attorney's Office
- United States Marines Corps, Artillery Officer, Captain (2008-2014)
- Member, Board of Directors, Tulsa Lawyers Chapter, Federalist Society
- Fluent in Spanish