Daniel focuses his practice on trust and estate administration and planning, asset protection planning, probate and guardianships, business succession planning, commercial transactions and general corporate counsel. Daniel has advised and counseled clients for 25 years, applying his training as a Certified Public Accountant as well.
Daniel’s legal, tax and accounting experience brings immense value to a diverse client base in his Estate Planning practice. In Estate Planning, Daniel dispels the myth that advanced planning is only for the wealthy and owners of big business. He strives to meet his client’s goals of preserving assets and blessing their loved ones through clear and careful planning. Daniel prepares customized Wills and Trusts, Healthcare Directives, Mental Health Directives, Durable Powers of Attorney, Estate Planning Reviews, Buyer/Successor Planning and Representation, Buy/Sell Agreements and Key-Man Planning.
As both a seasoned attorney and Certified Public Accountant (formerly with a “Big 8" accounting firm), Daniel also counsels business owners and principals in the areas of Business Formation, Business Development, Commercial Transactions and Succession Planning. He designs and implements succession plans to provide a clear plan for key employees and beneficiaries for the transfer or sale of a business upon the death, disability or retirement of an owner. His counsel removes uncertainty regarding future ownership, management, funding and valuation to help facilitate continued success. Further, Daniel has an AV peer review rating from Martindale-Hubbell and has been recognized as an Oklahoma Super Lawyers, as well as a Best Lawyers in America in Trusts and Estate Law.
- University of Oklahoma College of Law (J.D., with distinction, 1993) Member, American Indian Law Review
- Oklahoma State University (B.S. in Accounting, 1986)
- Oklahoma, 1998
- Georgia, 1993
- U.S. District Court for the Northern and Western Districts of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- 2018-Present Hall Estill
- 1998-2018 Newton, O'Connor, Turner & Ketchum
- 1996-1998 Rollins, Inc. Legal Department
- 1993-1996 Webb, Carlock, Copeland, Semler & Stair (Atlanta)
- Trust & Estate Planning and Administration
- Business Succession Planning
- Business Transactions/Entity Formation
- Member, Oklahoma Bar Association (Estate Planning, Probate and Trusts Sections)
- Member, State Bar of Georgia
- Board of Directors Member, Tulsa Estate Planning Forum
- Member, American Academy of Attorney CPAs
- Board of Directors, John 3:16 Mission, Inc.
- Board of Directors and Executive Committee, The Williams Route 66 Marathon