Mike Keester has 30 years of experience in Complex Business Litigation. He also has experience serving as an arbitrator. In addition, he serves on the firm’s Board of Directors and Executive Committee.
Mike has an AV rating through Martindale-Hubbell, has been selected a Best Lawyer in America in Litigation-Construction, Litigation-Municipal and Commercial Litigation, and has been recognized as an Oklahoma Super Lawyer in Civil Litigation Defense. Further, he was named the 2012 Tulsa Lawyer of the Year in Construction Law by Best Lawyers. In addition, he received the Tulsa County Bar Association Distinguished Service Award in 1991.
Highlights of Mike’s legal career include:
- Prosecution and defense of non-compete and non-solicitation covenant and business tort cases to judgment and appeal, including injunctions and Supreme Court decisions.
- Successful defense of numerous multi-million dollar construction cases.
- Successfully defended a State Agency in a $35 million construction dispute.
- Defense verdicts in various "slip and fall," employment, fraud, securities fraud, negligence and other tort cases.
- Obtained court reversal of Oklahoma Agency actions and injunctive relief for international pharmaceutical company.
- Defense verdict in reported case of first impression for governmental entity concerning the Fair Labor Standards Act (85F.3d.494).
- Trustee's counsel in multiple multi-million dollar municipal bond financings.
- University of Oklahoma College of Law (J.D., with honors, 1984) (Order of the Coif)
- University of Oklahoma (B.A. in Political Science, with distinction, 1981) Phi Beta Kappa
- Oklahoma, 1984
- Oklahoma Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Northern, Eastern and Western Districts of Oklahoma
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- 1993 - Present Hall Estill
- 1984 - 1993 Jones, Givens, Gotcher, Bogan & Hilborne
- American Bar Association - Member, Litigation and Construction Law Sections
- Oklahoma Bar Association - Member, Civil Procedure Committee
- Tulsa County Bar Association - Member, Professional Responsibility, Professionalism (Chairman), Law Day Committees
- American Inns of Court
- Oklahoma Association of Defense Counsel (Director)
- Association of Defense Counsel, Board of Directors, Distinguished Service Award in 2005
- Defense Research Institute
- American Heart Association (Past Director)
- University of Oklahoma College of Law Alumni Association (Director, Past President)
- Member, City of Tulsa Ethics Commission
- Instructor, Seminar - "Initiating the Lawsuit and Pretrial Discovery"
- 2015 Best Lawyers Lawyer of the - Construction - Tulsa
- 2012 Best Lawyers Lawyer of the - Construction - Tulsa