Ralph Seals is an AV-rated attorney through Martindale-Hubbell and his practice is devoted almost exclusively to most areas of oil and gas law, including transactional, title and litigation. He represents numerous independent oil and gas producers working primarily with their land departments in matters related to acquiring the rights to explore, produce and transport oil and gas (as well as disputes with the surface and mineral owners related to those rights), preparation of both drilling and division order title opinions, acquisitions and sales of producing and non-producing properties, and disputes between the mineral owners and oil and gas lessees including litigation related to the continued validity of the oil and gas lease which allows the producer to explore, produce and transport oil and gas.
He represents both producers and service companies in matters related to the creation, perfection and enforcement of statutory and contractual liens; both producers and land owners in negotiations related to acquiring rights of ingress and egress and the preparation of the easements setting forth the terms pursuant to which a producer can enter and use someone’s property; and producers and mineral owners in the negotiation and preparation of agreements pursuant to which two or more parties will jointly develop an area of mutual interest. He is a graduate of Oklahoma State University and the University Of Oklahoma College Of Law.
- University of Oklahoma College of Law (J.D., 1975)
- Oklahoma State University (B.S., 1971)
- Oklahoma, 1975
- U.S. District Court of the Northern, Eastern and Western Districts of Oklahoma
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- 2001 - Present Hall Estill
- 1975 - 2001 McKnight, Seals, Bigheart & Butler and its predecessors - primarily McKnight & Gasaway
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Member Mineral Law Section
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Instructor for Garfield County CLE Seminar - June 2000 (Topic: Construction of Reservation and Exceptions in Deeds)