Joining the firm in 1988, Steve Broussard practices in the Labor & Employment Law Section where he specializes in employment matters ranging from labor disputes to discrimination claims to immigration matters. He is a member of the firm's Board of Directors.
Steve was named the 2021 Best Lawyers Tulsa Labor Law-Management "Lawyer of the Year," the 2020 Best Lawyers Tulsa Employment Law-Management "Lawyer of the Year," and the 2014 Best Lawyers Tulsa Litigation-Labor and Employment "Lawyer of the Year." He has an individual AV rating through Martindale-Hubbell, has been selected as a Best Lawyer in America in Employment Law-Management, Labor Law-Management and Litigation-Labor & Employment; has been recognized as an Oklahoma Super Lawyer in Employment Litigation: Defense; and has been ranked in Band 1 in Labor & Employment Law by Chambers USA.
In addition, in 2011 he was presented with the Leadership in Law award by the Oklahoma Bar Association and the Journal Record, while in 2013 he was named to the Power Attorneys & Legal Professionals list by the Tulsa Business & Legal News. Finally, he has been named a Labor and Employment Star by Benchmark Litigation and Super Lawyer in Employment Litigation: Defense.
Steve has presented numerous employment-related seminars, speeches and programs for employees, managers, supervisors and staff, and has successfully defended numerous employers and supervisors in employment litigation and administrative proceedings in various jurisdictions.
University of Tulsa College of Law
Ungerman Scholar, Energy Law Journal
- Vanderbilt University (B.S. in Economics, 1984)
- Oklahoma, 1988
- Oklahoma Supreme Court
- Prairie Bank Potawatomi Nation Tribal District Court
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Northern and Western Districts of Oklahoma
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Class Action Defense
- Employee & Management Training
- Employment Counseling
- Employment Litigation
- Employment-Based Immigration
- Executive Compensation, Other Employee Benefits & ERISA
- Crisis Response Team
- Insurance Law & Tort Litigation
- Labor & Employment
- Labor Relations/Union Negotiation (Management Representation)
- Policy Drafting & Implementation
- Wrongful Discharge, Failure to Hire or Promote and Wage & Hour Claims
- Name, Image & Likeness (NIL)
- Montereau, Board of Directors
- Family & Children's Services, Member, Board of Directors
- Eastern Oklahoma Community Food Bank, Past Member, Board of Directors
- Oklahoma Center for Community and Justice, Past Member, Board of Directors
- Tulsa Zoo Friends, Former Member, Board of Directors
- Booker T. Washington Foundation, Former Member, Board of Directors
- Operation Aware, Former Member, Board of Directors
- Court Appointed Special Advocates, Former Member
- Metropolitan Area Planning Commission, Former Member
- 1988 - Present Hall Estill
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Tulsa County Bar Association
- Johnson Sontag Chapter of the American Inns of Court
- Has presented numerous employment-related seminars, speeches and programs for employees, managers, supervisors and staff.
- 2014 Best Lawyers Lawyer of the Year Litigation - Labor & Employment - Tulsa