Robert Rhoads practices in the Corporate/Commercial and Litigation areas. Prior to joining Hall Estill, he served as Sr. Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary at Wal-Mart Stores. Inc. He has an individual AV rating through Martindale-Hubbell and has been recognized by Best Lawyers in America in the area of Litigation-Municipal law .
Highlights of Robert's career include:
- In 2008, received a $2.7 million jury verdict on behalf of his client/a company against an Arkansas municipality for relocation and restoration costs far in excess of the value of the real property that was taken in a condemnation proceeding.
- Represented a Northwest Arkansas company and its officers in a case against a New York company for breach of contract wherein the Defendant attempted to dismiss the case out of court based on an arbitration clause and refused to comply with discovery. Won decisions to keep clients in court versus arbitration at the Arkansas Court of Appeals and the Arkansas Supreme Court.
NW Arkansas Attorney Robert Rhoads successfully represented clients before the Fayetteville City Council in a winning 6 - 8 vote for the developer.
Rhoads frequently represents developers and property owners in land use, zoning and municipal matters and often appears before the council.
- University of Arkansas School of Law (J.D., 1980)
- University of Arkansas (B.S. in Political Science, 1976)
- Arkansas, 1980
- Arkansas Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas
- Alderman of Fayetteville, Arkansas, City Council (2003-2010)
- Former Chairman of the Board, Green Valley Development
- Commission Member, Fayetteville Advertising & Promotion Commission
- Special Olympics
- Fayetteville Chamber of Commerce
- Fayetteville Rotary Club
- Former Chairman of the Board of Directors, Ozark Guidance Center
- Former Chairman of the Board, Northwest Arkansas Zoological Society
- Former Board of Directors, Northwest Arkansas Radiation Therapy Institute
- Executive Committee, Board of Directors, Fayetteville Economic Development Council
- 2002 - Present Hall Estill
- 1979 - 2002 Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., Sr. V.P., General Counsel and Secretary
- American Bar Association
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Executive Committee and Former Chairman, The Conference Board's Council of Chief Legal Officers
- American Society of Corporate Secretaries
- The General Counsel Roundtable
- American Corporate Counsel Association
- Adjunct Professor, Business Law, University of Arkansas Sam Walton School of Business (2021-Present)