James “Jim” C. Milton Shareholder
T 918-594-0523 | F 918-594-0505 | email@example.com
Resident in Tulsa
An experienced trial and appellate attorney, Jim Milton practices in the areas of commercial litigation, water law, and trust and estate litigation. He also serves on the firm's Board of Directors. Throughout his career he has focused on assisting clients with trust and estate litigation, including probate, will contests, guardianship and elder abuse. Additionally, Jim has developed a water law practice that includes defending developers and municipal utility authorities against claims asserted by rural water districts, as well as drafting wholesale water contracts.
Jim has been recognized an Oklahoma Super Lawyer in Estate & Trust Litigation. He is also listed as a Best Lawyer in America in Commercial Litigation, Litigation-Municipal, Litigation-Trusts & Estates and Water Law, and has an individual AV peer review rating by Martindale Hubbell. Further, in 2009 he received a President's Award from the Tulsa County Bar Association's Continuing Legal Education Committee, and in 2011, he accepted the Oklahoma Bar Association Golden Gavel Award on behalf of the OBA Civil Procedure & Evidence Code Committee, which he has chaired since 2006. Finally, in 2006 Jim was named to The Journal Record's "Achievers Under 40" list and in 2009 to its "Leadership in Law" list, while in 2013 he was named to the Power Attorneys & Legal Professionals list by the Tulsa Business & Legal News.
- Oklahoma State University (B.S.B.A. in Finance and Economics)
- University of Texas School of Law (J.D., with honors, 1995)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- Complex Commercial Issues
- Elder Law
- Electronic Discovery
- Estate Planning & Post Death Administration
- Insurance Law & Tort Litigation
- Municipal & Public Authority
- Tax, Trusts, Estate Planning & Employee Benefits
- Trusts & Estates Litigation
- Water Law & Land Rights
- Water Law
- 2012 - Present Hall Estill
- Doerner, Saunders, Daniel & Anderson, LLP
- Member, Oklahoma Association of Municipal Attorneys, Inc.
- Tulsa County Bar Association, Director at Large
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Chair, Civil Procedure & Evidence Code Committee; Co-Chair Legislative Committee for Estate Planning, Probate & Trusts Section
- Fellow, the American College of Trust & Estate Counsel; Member, Fiduciary Litigation, State Laws and Communications Committees
- Served as panelist, moderator, speaker or organizer for more than 50 continuing education seminars on issues including trust administration, water rights and creditor rights.
- Jim Milton Op Ed Piece Selected for publication in "How Bad It Was How Good It Is - The Value of an Independent Oklahoma Judiciary."
- Jim Milton Authors Article for Oklahoma Bar Journal
- Jim Milton Co-Authors Article for Oklahoma Bar Journal
- Jim Milton Authors Article, "Paying Trustee Attorney Fees from the Trust Estate"
- Gavel to Gavel: Pretermitted heirs by Jim Milton
- Investing Guardianship Assets
- Certainty in Receiverships
- Fiduciary Accountings
- Probate Claims
- Subtle Changes
- And That Is An Order
- What is a Trust Protector?
- Fiduciary Access to Digital Assets
- Civil Disobedience in the Statehouse?
- James Milton Gavel to Gavel on OK Supreme Court 10 Commandments Ruling
- Tug of War
- Another Run at Dynasty Trusts
- Lodestars and Multipliers
- You've Got Mail
- Muddy Water
- Remote Control
- Keeping Common Sense Alive
- Discovering Efficiencies
- Greener Pastures
- Attorney Fees in Guardianships
- Discovery Matters
- Mixed Bag of Bills
- Sorting it Out
- Constitutional Differences
- Road to Reform
- Protecting the Elderly
- Matters of Trust
- A Battle for Water