Tami J. Hines assists clients primarily in bankruptcy and complex commercial litigation, as well as oil and gas litigation, construction/contract litigation, and general corporate litigation matters. She routinely practices in the federal and state courts of Oklahoma, and she has practiced in other federal courts, including Kansas, California, and Texas.
Tami serves as chair of the firm’s Recruitment & Diversity Committee in the Oklahoma City office and is an Adjunct Professor of Law at Oklahoma City University School of Law teaching Agency and Unincorporated Business Associations.
While in law school she was the Editor in Chief of the Oklahoma City University Law Review for the 2013-2014 academic year and a William J. Holloway American Inn of Court student member. Tami received a Business Law Certificate with a Commercial Law concentration. She also externed under the Honorable Justice Noma D. Gurich of the Oklahoma Supreme Court as well as interned for JAG and the Honorable Judge Colin Long of Missouri’s 25th Judicial Circuit. She was awarded the Judge Alfred P. Murrah Sr. Award for Outstanding Academic Performance, an award given in Memory of Chief Judge Alfred P. Murrah Sr., and the J. William Conger Distinguished Student Award.
Education & Admissions
- University of Mary Hardin-Baylor (B.A. in English, 2007) Minor in Studio Art
- Oklahoma City University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2014)
- Oklahoma (2014)
- Texas (2023)
- 2014 - Present Hall Estill
Honors & Awards
- Recognized as a Rising Star in Business Litigation by Oklahoma Super Lawyers
- Recognized as a Best Lawyer in America in Commercial Litigation and Bankruptcy & Creditor-Debtor Rights/Insolvency & Reorganization Law
- Named a winner of the 2015 Annual Writing Competition sponsored by the American College of Consumer Financial Services Lawyers. She was recognized as the winner in the student category for her article, "MERS: Sometimes Agent, Sometimes Principal, Often Misconstrued."
Community & Professional Involvement
- Habitat for Humanity
- Member, Petroleum Alliance of Oklahoma
Articles & Presentations
- Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. v. Heath: Heightened Pleading Standards Dressed in Standing Garb, 38 Okla. City U. L. Rev. 269 (2013)
- MERS: Sometimes Agent, Sometimes Principal, Often Misconstrued, 68 CONSUMER FIN. L. Q. Rep. 98 (2014)