Michael joined Hall Estill in 2017 as Special Counsel. Michael's practice incudes oil and gas legal services for E&P clients, including Oklahoma Corporation Commission practice, oil and gas title examination, A&D negotiation and drafting, and general legal practice.
With over 12 years of experience in the oil and gas industry as an attorney, company landman, and oil and gas executive, Michael has managed the land, legal, and regulatory work on hundreds of new-drill wells in Oklahoma, Texas, Louisiana, and North Dakota. Additionally, Michael has handled over $500 million worth of oil and gas transactions across the continental United States, including acquisitions and divestures of producing properties, non-producing properties, and oil field service companies.
- University of Oklahoma College of Law (J.D., 2005) Am-Jur Awards— Property Law & Agricultural Environmental Law
- University of Oklahoma (B.A. in History, 2001) William H. Maehl, Jr. Fellowship
- Oklahoma Bar Association — Mineral Law Section & Real Property Section
- Oklahoma City Association of Professional Landmen
- Tulsa Association of Professional Landmen
- American Association of Professional Landmen
- Oklahoma City Geological Society
- American Association of Petroleum Geologists