Kerry Blackburn joined Hall Estill as a Paralegal in 2023 with over 13 years experience in the legal field. She works primarily with the family law practice. She has experience working in civil rights, oil & gas, probate and estate planning.
Kerry began her legal career in 2009 as the receptionist/file clerk/runner and worked her way up to legal assistant in 2011. She graduated with an Associates in Paralegal Studies from Rose State in 2016.
Kerry has been a member of the Central Oklahoma Association of Legal Assistants since 2016 and served on the executive board as the NALA Liaison from 2017-2020 and has been the President since 2021. She has been a member of NALA, the National Association of Legal Assistants since 2016. She has been a member of the Oklahoma Paralegal Association since 2023 and serve on the education committee. She was also on the board of directors for the NALS, the National Association for Legal Support Professionals from 2019-2020. She was awarded NALA’s Affiliate Award in 2020 on behalf of COALA. Kerry was also COALA’s Paralegal of the Year in 2021.
Education & Admissions
- Rose State University (Associate in Paralegal Studies, 2016)
- Oklahoma State University (current student in Multidisciplinary Studies with a focus in Pre-Law)
- Central Oklahoma Association of Legal Assistants (COALA) President 2021 -present
- Central Oklahoma Association of Legal Assistants (COALA) 2016 - present
- National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA) 2016 - present
- Oklahoma Paralegal Association education committee 2023 - present
- National Association for Legal Support Professionals (NALS) board of directors 2019 - 2020
Honors & Awards
- COALA Paralegal of the Year 2021
- NALA Affiliate Award 2020 on behalf of COALA