Kasia Parecki began her legal career with Hall Estill and practices in the Tax arena, assisting clients with income tax planning, tax controversy matters, and state and local tax issues. Additionally, she practices in the Corporate and Cannabis areas, assisting clients with corporate formation and governance issues, as well as corporate transactional and litigation matters.
Prior to practicing law, Kasia worked in higher education, most recently, advising law students on financial aid matters, and managing multi-million dollar departmental scholarship funds.
While in law school, Kasia served as Associate Editor of the Denver Law Review and was a Senior Editor and contributor to the Race to the Bottom blog. Kasia earned varioius accolades for her legal writing and research skills in law school, including having her write-on comment published in the Denver Law Review Forum and winning first place in the LL.M. Division of the 2019 ABA Law Student Tax Challenge.
Kasia also served as a student attorney in two tax clinics: providing services to low income clients in the Low Income Taxpayer Clinic, and providing tax advice to student attorneys working with non-profit and small business clients in the Community Economic Development Clinic.
University of Denver Sturm College of Law
- Certificate in Corporate and Commercial Law
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law (LL.M. in Tax, 2019)
- Boston University (M.Ed. in Policy, Planning and Administration, 2007)
(B.A. in International Relations, magna cum laude, 2005)
- Minor in Spanish
- Colorado - 2020
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- 2019-Present Hall Estill
- Summer 2019 Alvarez & Marsal, Compensation & Benefits Intern
- Spring 2019 Low Income Taxpayer Clinic Student Attorney
- Spring 2019 Fox Rothschild, Law Clerk
- Spring 2018 TTEC, Legal Extern
- Member, Denver/Colorado Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association, Tax Section
- Volunteer, Great American Beer Festival
- Murphy v. NCAA: Anticommandeering Doctrine - A Win for State Autonomy and Federalism, 96 DENV. L. REV. ONLINE (July 4, 2019)
- Private Equity Firm Sues Alleging Dilution of its Interest through a Sham Offering, The Race to the Bottom (January 17, 2020)
- SEC Issues Final Rules Extending "Test-the-Waters" Provisions to All Companies, The Race to the Bottom (October 22, 2019)
- Facebook-Backed Libra Cryptocurrency Receives Regulatory Scrutiny, The Race to the Bottom (September 19, 2019)
- SEC Releases Framework for "Investment Contract" Analysis for Cryptocurrencies, The Race to the Bottom (August 31, 2019)
- What is Blockchain?, The Race to the Bottom (June 5, 2018)