Justin Byrne specializes in mergers, acquisitions and divestitures; equity and debt financing; securities and stock exchange compliance; corporate governance; investor relations; and executive compensation matters.
Justin graduated from the University of Texas School of Law, serving on the staff of the Texas International Law Journal. Graduating in the top 10 percent of his class, he was acknowledged as a member of the Order of the Coif.
After formative training at Hughes & Luce, LLP (now K&L Gates LLP) in Dallas, where his practice focused on mergers, acquisitions, corporate finance and securities compliance, Justin was Counsel for Kerr-McGee Corporation (NYSE: KMG) and Devon Energy Corporation (NYSE: DVN). He then served as Associate General Counsel and Assistant Corporate Secretary for SandRidge Energy, Inc. (NYSE: SD), where he worked for approximately nine years and oversaw $19 billion in acquisition, divestiture and corporate finance transactions.
Justin and his wife, Rosa, live in Oklahoma City with their two sons.
University of Texas School of Law
(J.D., with honors, 2000)
- Order of the Coif
University of Tulsa
(B.A. in History and Spanish, magna cum laude, 1997)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- University of Buenos Aires (Argentine Literature and History, 1995)
- 2018-Present Hall Estill
- 2017-2018 Rischard, Carsey & Byrne
- 2008-2016 SandRidge Energy, Associate General Counsel and Assistant Corporate Secretary
- 2006-2008 Devon Energy Corporation
- 2002-2006 Kerr-McGee Corporation/Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
- 2000-2002 Hughes & Luce, LLP (now K&L Gates LLP)
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Oklahoma Bar Association
- Central Oklahoma Regional Transit Dialogue Steering Committee
- Mount Saint Mary Catholic High School
- South Oklahoma City Chamber of Commerce
- Saint Francis of Assisi Steering Committee
- Oklahoma Shakespeare
- Adjunct Professor of Business Law, Oklahoma City University
- OKCBusiness Forty Under 40 Honoree (2007)
- Author, NAFTA Dispute Resolution: Implementing True Rule-Based Diplomacy Through Direct Access, 35 Tex. Int'l L.J. 415 (2000)
- Fluent in Spanish