With more than 30 years of experience, John concentrates his practice in the areas of Corporate and Business Law and Litigation. Specifically, he provides counsel in all aspects of Corporate and Business Law, including Mergers & Acquisitions, Structured Finance, Entity Formation and Governance, Business Succession Planning, and Executive Employment Agreements to a growing portfolio of corporate clients and financial institutions.
John has a demonstrated record of successfully resolving commercial disputes through mediation. He also has extensive experience in litigation of commercial disputes, insurance company liquidations, and cases involving constitutional rights. In addition, John has served as lead counsel in insurance coverage disputes involving his business clients and serves as general counsel to the Receiver in several insurance companies which are in liquidation. Early in his career, John provided representation to insurers in liquidation through the Oklahoma Property & Casualty Insurance Guaranty Association. Further, he has represented large estates in probate and serves as a Trustee of a large trust estate.
John served as Student Body President in undergraduate school and as President of the Student Bar Association in law school. In law school, John was also the recipient of the Claude H. Rosenstein Scholarship, as well as the Villard Martin Scholarship. John was also awarded a Graduate Fellowship from the International Rotary Foundation, which led him to Bonn, Germany, where he studied Law at the Friedreich Wilhelm Rheinische Universitat.
John has an AV peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and has been recognized as an Oklahoma Super Lawyers and a Best Lawyers in America. Further, he was one of ten attorneys who were selected by the Editorial Board of the Tulsa Business Journal to be recognized among Tulsa's 2012 Power Attorneys.
- University of Tulsa College of Law (J.D., 1980)
- Oklahoma State University (B.A. in Political Science, 1977)
- Oklahoma, 1981
- U.S. District Court for the Northern and Western Districts of Oklahoma
- U.S. Tax Court
- 2018-Present Hall Estill
- 1983-2018 Newton, O'Connor, Turner & Ketchum
- Member, American Bar Association, Committee on Corporate Counsel
- Member, Oklahoma Bar Association
- Member, Tulsa County Bar Association
- Member, Board of Trustees, Oklahoma State University-Tulsa
- Member, City of Tulsa Ethics Advisory Committee
- Member, Agency Performance and Accountability Commission, Oklahoma State Senate
- Foundation Chairman, Rotary International District 6110