John Heil joined the firm in 2000 and serves as a member of the firm's Board of Directors and Executive Committee. As a former Assistant District Attorney in the Tulsa County District Attorney's Office, he was recognized as Tulsa Metropolitan Area Officer of the Year. He has developed a general business litigation practice with a wide range of experience, including intellectual property, business torts, environmental, telecommunications, mortgage lending issues and patent infringement.
John has been named a Future Litigation Star by Benchmark Litigation. He has substantial jury trial experience and has handled litigation matters in various state, federal and appellate courts throughout the United States, including Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Idaho, Kansas, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota and Texas.
- University of Tulsa College of Law (J.D., with honors, 1994)
- Oklahoma State University (B.S. in Finance, 1990)
- Oklahoma, 1994
- Oklahoma Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth, Ninth and Tenth Circuits
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Northern and Western Districts of Oklahoma
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Leadership Tulsa
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Eisenhower International School Foundation
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Crosstown Learning Center
- 2000 - Present Hall Estill
- 1997 - 2000 Tulsa County District Attorney's Office Tulsa, Oklahoma
- 1994 - 1997 Ronald D. Wood & Associates, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Tulsa County Bar Association
- American Inns of Court
- Author, "Team Work Defense, Facts & Findings," Vol. XX Issure 2, Aug. 1993 at 10.