Iciss is an associate in the firm's Labor & Employment group where her practice involves assisting employers in workplace matters, including litigation, as well as preventive advice and counseling. In addition, she has experience in alternative dispute resolution, including proceedings before the Federal Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).
Examples of her experience include:
- Serving as second chair in FINRA alternative dispute resolution, resulting in dismissal of $2M claim for broker commissions.
- Successful defense of employer in small claims court against pro se plaintiff.
- Preparation of extensive case assessments for EPLI carriers.
Prior to earning her J.D., Iciss was a professional basketball player as a power forward. A first round WNBA draft pick, she started her career with the Detroit Shock, then went on to play for the New York Liberty and LA Sparks. Iciss went on to play in the International Basketball Federation (FIBA) for two years before attending law school.
- Columbia University (M.S. in Sports Management, 2017)
- Columbia University (LL.M. in Global Sports Law, 2017)
- Texas Southern University Thurgood Marshall School of Law (J.D., 2015)
(B.A. in Economics, 2004)
- Duke Women's Basketball Team, 2000-2004
- New York, 2019
- U.S. District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- 2021-Present Hall Estill
- 2018-2020 Jackson Lewis, P.C.
- 2017 National Basketball Association
- Member, Board of Directors, Teach Not Punish
- Member, Board of Directors, Tulsa Girls Art School
- Member, Board of Directors, Planned Parenthood
- Member, Historic Greenwood Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Tulsa Area Human Resources Association (TAHRA)
- Then & Now: Catching Up with Former Local Stars: Iciss Tillis 'I've always wanted to be an attorney'
Iciss Tillis, WNBA player turned attorney, addresses sports issues in her practice
- Iciss Tillis for Minnesota Spokesman Recorder- U.S. soccer teams agree on gender pay equity
- Iciss Tillis for Global Sport Matters - Why a College Athlete Union Seems Inevitable – and How it Could Work
- Iciss Tillis for Bloomberg Law - Former WNBA Player Offers Negotiating Tips for Student Athletes
- Iciss Tillis for Law 360 - Women's Soccer Deal Opens New Chapter In Equal Pay Fight
- Iciss Tillis in the Denver Post - Fran Belibi on forefront of NIL era with Denny’s endorsement supporting Women’s Sports Foundation
- Employment Attorney and Former WNBA star Iciss Tillis on Bloomberg Business Sports podcast - NCAA's NIL policies
- Labor & Employment Attorney Iciss Tillis for AP News - To jab or not to jab? Vaccinations still hot topic in sports
- Hall Estill Welcomes Labor & Employment Attorney Iciss Tillis to Tulsa Office