Gordon Lindeen joined Hall Estill's Intellectual Property section in 2018 and has an individual AV peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell. He is a registered patent attorney and assists clients on myriad issues related to intellectual property acquisition and protection, including counseling, prosecution and international portfolio management. Throughout his 30 year practice, Gordon has counseled both large corporations and start-up companies on developing, building and maintaining patent portfolios, both large and small.
Gordon also helps protect companies from threats of patent infringement, including reviewing competitive patent portfolios, developing invalidity and non-infringement positions, assisting engineers in designing around threatening patents, as well as writing formal opinions on validity and infringement. In addition, he has an individual achievement certificate for 2018 in the USPTO Patent Pro Bono Program.
Finally, Gordon has spent time in Munich, Germany, prosecuting patents before the European Patent Office. Through this work, he has direct and continued experience in patent prosecution in many industrialized countries with particular expertise in European prosecution and enforcement.
- California Western School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 1987) Member, International Law Journal
- University of California, Los Angeles (B.A. in General Physics and Scandinavian Languages, 1984)
- California, 1987
- Central District of California, 1987
- United States Patent Office, 1988
- Colorado, 2000
- 2018-Present Hall Estill
- 2000-2018 Blakely Sokoloff Taylor & Zafman
- 1999-2000 Litton Guidance & Control System Division (Intellectual Property Counsel)
- 1991-1998 Hughes Aircraft Company (Senior Patent Counsel)
- 1987-1991 Christie Parker & Hale
- 1989 Hoffman Eitle & Partner, Munich, Germany (Patent Agent)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Volunteer, Patent Pro Bono Program, US Patent and Trademark Office