Jennifer Benda - Cannabis Business Planning: Preparing Your Business for an Infusion of Investment Capital
August 15, 2019
Hall Estill Denver Attorney Jennifer Benda will serve on the panel. A former Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Jennifer Benda is an experienced tax attorney who handles tax controversy and income tax planning and compliance matters. She serves as a steadfast advocate for clients, developing relationships with IRS personnel and IRS Appeals and state departments of revenue, and leverages these relationships to successfully resolve her clients’ tax matters. While
Jennifer recognizes that out-of-court solutions can be more beneficial to her clients, she is prepared to take cases to court when necessary to ensure her clients are treated fairly.
Jennifer has developed a niche in advising and defending businesses in the cannabis industry with tax related matters. In addition, her decade-long tenure as a CPA prior to entering the legal field enables her to provide additional benefits to clients in cases involving valuation or accounting issues and to effectively solve complicated tax issues.
- Determining unknown or uncertain tax liabilities and impact on transaction pricing or terms.
- What are the primary tax issues to be thinking about when buying or selling a cannabis business?
- What is the current state of litigation of cannabis company tax issues?
- What are some tax strategies to consider given the new relaxed legal/regulatory investment environment?
- What can be expected from larger M&A players?
- How can I prepare/organize my business to attract outside investors?
- What is reverse due diligence and how can it benefit a cannabis company?
- What should be considered when valuing a cannabis company?
- Management and professional liability.
- Employment practices and liability.
You're invited to attend Denver's interactive panel presentation, Cannabis Business Planning: Preparing Your Business for an Infusion of Investment Capital. ACM, Alliant, Hall Estill Attorneys at Law, and Vaco have teamed up to host this exclusive event.
Thursday, September 26th
7:30AM — 9:15AM
818 17th Street
Denver, CO 80202