Mike Lissau practices in the areas of Labor & Employment, Healthcare and General Litigation. He represents a wide array of clientele in many industries, with particular knowledge and experience with healthcare organizations, long term care facilities, hospice care, physician practices, fast food franchises, and staffing agencies. Mike is a member of Hall Estill's Board of Directors and Executive Committee, has an individual BV rating through Martindale-Hubbell, was named a Best Lawyer in America in Employment Law-Management and an Oklahoma Super Lawyer in Employment & Labor.
Highlights of his practice include providing legal advice, counsel, and day-to-day recommendations to management and executives in order to navigate the challenges presented to employers involving myriad employment regulations crossing many industries. In addition, he has successfully defended numerous employers and supervisors in employment litigation and administrative proceedings, including but not limited to the EEOC, Department of Labor and OSHA; defending claims brought by or through the Department of Health & Human Services and the Office of Civil Rights; and successfully represented clients in various other proceedings.
Mike is a frequent speaker on employment litigation and has conducted management training for employers since 2000. In addition, he has authored numerous publications during his career.
- University of Tulsa College of Law (J.D., 1998)
- Westminster College (B.A. in Business Administration, 1994)
- Procedural in Oklahoma, Missouri, Kansas and Arkansas
- Licensed in Oklahoma and Colorado
- Admitted in U. S. District Court for the Northern, Eastern and Western Districts of Oklahoma
- Admitted in U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Admitted in U.S. District Court for Colorado
- Member, Board of Directors, Montereau
- Member, Board of Directors, American Red Cross, Tulsa Chapter, 2012-Present
- 2004 - Present, Committee of 100 - Organization supporting the families of Police and Firefighters killed in the line of duty
- 1998 - Board of Directors - Big Brothers and Sisters of Green Country
- Member, Philbrook Museum Young Masters Society
- 2001 - Present Hall Estill
- 2000 - 2001 Bullock & Bullock
- 1998 - 2000 Barkley & Rodolf
- 1991 - 1997 Barkley Rodolf & McCarthy (Law Clerk)
- American Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Tulsa County Bar Association
- Member, Friends of Finance, University of Tulsa
- 2001 - Lorman Series on Employment Law. "ABC's of Employee Relations"
- 2002 - HIPAA basics for Healthcare Organizations
- 2005 - Basics of Sexual Harassment
- 2005 - Laws Governing Employee Leaves of Absence
- 2010 - Employment Practices Training for Managers and Supervisors
- 2012 - General Employment Lecture for Continuing Care Retirement Community
- 2013 - Americans with Disabilities Act Training for Managers
- 2013 - Multistate Lecturing Series on the Do's and Don'ts of Employment Law
- Author, "Federal Family and Medical Leave Act," The Business Owner, September/October 2004 Vol. 28, No. 5
- Author, "Avoid Sexual Harassment Claims," The Business Owner, November/December 2005, Vol. 29, No. 6
- Author, "Reducing Problems with Employee Terminations," The Business Owner, October 2005, Vol. 29, No. 5
- Author, "Ask the Experts: Age-Based Discrimination Laws," The Business Owner, December 2004.
- Author, "It's The Law: Complete I-9 for Every Employee," The Business Owner, May/June 2007.