Kelly Comarda is a shareholder in the firm’s Litigation group. He has represented energy companies, manufacturing companies, hospitals, nursing homes and other businesses in a broad range of litigation. His practice is mainly focused on the defense of companies in catastrophic personal injury cases. He has an individual AV rating through Martindale-Hubbell and has been honored as a Rising Star by Super Lawyers in Personal Injury Defense: Medical Malpractice in 2014, 2015 and 2016. Kelly has been a board member of the Tulsa Boys Home since 2015.
Highlights of Kelly’s legal career include:
- Representation of a Fortune 500 energy company in two trials related to an explosion at a chemical manufacturing plant.
- Representation of a hospital at trial involving allegations of medical malpractice.
- Representation of a franchise development company in arbitration in a breach of contract claim.
- Successfully obtained summary judgment in favor of his clients in multiple personal injury matters including medical malpractice matters and general negligence matters.
- Tucker v. Lam, 313 P.3d 1011 (OK CIV APP 2013) - Upholding summary judgment of client in a negligence claim.
- University of Arkansas School of Law (J.D., 2008)
- Tulane University (B.S.M. in Management and Legal Studies, 2004)
- Oklahoma, 2009
- Louisiana, 2008
- New Jersey (Pro Hac Vice)
- U.S. District Court for the Western, Eastern and Middle Districts of Louisiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern, Eastern and Western Districts of Oklahoma
- 2013 - Present Hall Estill
- 2009-2013 Rodolf & Todd
- 2008-2009 Johnson, Johnson, Barrios & Yacoubian
- American Bar Association
- Louisiana Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Oklahoma Association of Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
- Member, Board of Directors, Tulsa Boy's Home
- Coach, Little League Baseball