Elaine Turner began her legal career with Hall Estill and has focused her practice in the Labor & Employment arena. She was recently named Best Lawyers’ 2016 Oklahoma City Employment Law-Management “Lawyer of the Year”.
She serves on the firm’s Board of Directors and has an AV rating through Martindale-Hubbell. She has been recognized as an Oklahoma Super Lawyer and a Top 25 Female Super Lawyer, Employment Litigation: Defense; was the recipient of the 2006 Leadership in Law Award, presented by The Journal Record; and has been ranked in Band 2 in Labor & Employment Law by Chambers USA. In addition, Elaine has been named a Best Lawyer in America in Employment Law-Management and is frequently interviewed by local media to provide her legal opinion on various employment law topics.
Throughout her career, Elaine has successfully defended numerous employers in employment litigation and administrative proceedings. She is a frequent speaker on all aspects of Employment Law and conducts employment-related seminars, speeches and programs for employees, managers, supervisors and staff. In addition, she completed a term as a Barrister in the Ruth Bader Ginsberg American Inn of Court.
In 2015, Special Olympics Oklahoma named Elaine Volunteer of the Year. She has organized Capitol Area Special Olympic events since 1996. Elaine serves as the Competition Chairperson for Special Olympics in Oklahoma County. She has also served as an Oklahoma Special Olympics Sports Director in two different events. Elaine was also honored to serve as a Unified Partner on Team USA at the Special Olympic World Games in Ireland in 2003, where her teams earned two gold medals.
- Oklahoma City University School of Law (J.D., 1989)
- University of Oklahoma (B.B.B. in Finance, with distinction, 1985)
- Oklahoma, 1989
- Oklahoma Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Northern, Eastern and Western Districts of Oklahoma
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- Leadership Oklahoma City Class 35
- Special Olympics - Selected to be a Unified Partner on Team USA in the 2003 World Games, Ireland
- Special Olympics State Sports Director 2000 - 2004
- Special Olympics - Oklahoma County Competition Chair Person 1995 to Present
- Special Olympics Oklahoma Capitol Area Volunteer of the Year 2015
- 2015 Special Olympics Volunteer of the Year for the State of Oklahoma
- 1989 - Present Hall Estill
- American Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Member, Oklahoma City University School of Law Executive Board
- A frequent speaker on all aspects of Employment Law, she conducts employment-related seminars, speeches and programs for employees, managers, supervisors and staff.
- 2016 Best Lawyers Lawyer of the Year - Employment Law - Management - Oklahoma City
- Hall Estill OKC Labor and Employment Attorney Elaine R. Turner selected to Leadership OKC
- Pat Cremin and Elaine Turner contribute Oklahoma Employment Law information to Lexology
- Employment Attorney Elaine Turner: Hiring biases affecting many Oklahomans
- Oklahoman Q&A by Elaine Turner Pregnant workers must be treated as Nonpregnant Employees