Bill McCarthy's practice includes all areas of Intellectual Property Law, including extensive intellectual property prosecution in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and litigation throughout the United States in patent/trademark/copyright infringement lawsuits, unfair competition, contract/licensing matters and corporate and personal counseling related to intellectual property law.
A Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Oklahoma since 1965, Bill practiced engineering in the fields of process and manufacturing engineering for ten years prior to pursuing his legal career. He is licensed as a Registered Patent Attorney in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office since 1974.
Bill has served as an Adjunct Professor at Oklahoma City University, and has conducted numerous seminars on Intellectual Property Law. In addition, he has an AV peer review rating from Martindale-Hubbell and has been named a Senior Statesman by Chambers USA, as well as a Best Lawyer in America in Litigation-Intellectual Property, Litigation-Patent, Patent Law and Trademark Law.
- Oklahoma City University School of Law (J.D., 1972)
- University of Oklahoma (M.S. in Chemical Engineering)
- University of Oklahoma (B.S. in Chemical Engineering, 1957)
- American Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Intellectual Property Law Section of OBA, Past State President
- Phi Delta Phi
- National Society of Professional Engineers
- Past National Director from Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Society of Professional Engineers, Past State President