Since joining the firm, Betsy Jackson has practiced in the Corporate/Commercial arena, specifically dealing in Securities, Business Transactions, Commercial Finance, Mergers and Acquisitions and Real Estate. Specific matters with which she has worked include: Various Asset-Backed Financings; Initial Public Offerings; Revolving Credit, Term Loan and Letter of Credit Facilities; and Exchange Act Compliance Work. She is a member of the firm's Board of Directors and serves as Hall Estill's corporate secretary.
Betsy was named Best Lawyers 2015 Tulsa Corporate Governance "Lawyer of the Year”, has an individual AV rating through Martindale-Hubbell and has been recognized as a Best Lawyer in America in Banking & Finance Law and Corporate Law. Further, she is ranked "Band 3" in Corporate/Commercial law by Chambers USA. She is the author of: “No More Bananas in the Oklahoma Split: Exempting ERISA-Qualified Pension Plans Under Section 522(b)(2)(A) of the Bankruptcy Code”, Tulsa Law Journal, Volume 25, No. 4, Summer 1990.
Further, Betsy was selected as a 2018 attorney recipient of the Oklahoma Bar Association Ada Lois Sipuel Fisher Diversity Awards for her, "participation in a variety of corporate and community events that promote mutual respect, acceptance, cooperation or tolerance, and contribution to diversity awareness in the community and workplace."
In addition, in 2019, she was selected as one of The Journal Record’s “50 Making a Difference." The Journal Record Woman of the Year program recognizes Oklahoma’s leading women who epitomize leadership in both their professional endeavors and in the communities where they live.
Finally, in 2022, Betsy and her husband Gerry were honored by Tulsa Cares as the recipients of the Patricia Chernicky Luminary Award.
- University of Tulsa College of Law (J.D., 1990)
- Southern Methodist University (B.B.A. in Finance, 1987)
- District of Columbia, 1993
- Maryland, 1994
- Oklahoma, 1991
- Oklahoma, District of Columbia and Maryland Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma, D.C. and Maryland
- 1996 - Present Hall Estill
- 1992 - 1996 Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- 1992- Clerk to Judge Paul Mannes, Bankruptcy Judge for the District of Maryland
- Member, Board of Directors, Tulsa Area United Way
- Member, Mayor's Commission on the Status of Women, City of Tulsa (through April 2024)
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Tulsa Cares (2016-2022)
- Member, Advisory Board, Tulsa Cares (2022-Present)
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Tulsa County Bar Association
- Maryland and D.C. Bar Association(s)
- Panelist, May 2019 Women Diversity & Change Summit, Houston - "Self-Advocacy and Countering Personal Negation"
- Panelist, October 2018 Women in Law & Leadership Conference, Houston - "Succeeding in Male Dominant Environments"
- Author, "No More Bananas in the Oklahoma Split: Exempting ERISA-Qualified Pension Plans Under Section 522(b)(2)(A) of the Bankruptcy Code", Tulsa Law Journal, Volume 25, No. 4, Summer 1990
- Best Lawyers 2015 Tulsa Corporate Governance "Lawyer of the Year”